Cosmetic procedures are a growing trend among people of all ages. This is due to several factors that made these treatments more accessible to the general public.
Dr. Prerna Mittal, a renowned plastic surgeon and the member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), explains some of the causes that generated this boom in aesthetic treatments:
“One reason for this is that beauty is considered something very important or a thing to be highlighted. This is in addition to the procedures that improved the times not only in the operating room but also in postoperative recovery. Also, they became a little more accessible from an economic point of view, they are not cheap, but when they became more popular and plastic surgeons increased, obviously the costs dropped significantly.”
Before this type of procedures was reserved for the elite and, moreover, almost kept secret. Now they are much more common and as the cosmetic procedures became more common, a greater diversity of the areas to be treated is seen.
Although they were popularized in the case of the treatments that are done in the operating room, it must be taken into account that it is a surgery and, therefore, carries its risks.
“I never minimize what aesthetic surgery is because it does not stop of being a surgical procedure, done on a human, not everyone thinks the same way. It can have possible complications, the percentage is low but not zero, and fears always arise and it is good that they arise,” says the specialist.
Many things have changed over the years, but the desire to be beautiful and radiant seems to remain in the social imaginary. Nowadays, both men and women look for the way to show off their beauty, they can make themselves look better, taking advantage of the clinical advances.
Plastic, aesthetic and reconstructive surgery jumps every day with more force to the fore. It is no longer a branch of medicine exclusively for celebrities and the wealthiest class, nor is it conceived as something trivial. In this sense, the figures are more than eloquent:
According to the data offered by the latest global survey conducted by the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), there has been an increase of more than 4% in cosmetic and aesthetic procedures in 2017. The total number stands at 54,23,902.
Cosmetic and aesthetic medicine today offers many solutions through the knowledge of professionals accredited by their training, authorized health centres, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures validated by the scientific community, drugs and products authorized by administrations sanitary, etc.
The widespread philosophy among experts in beauty and health is to exalt beauty while maintaining naturalness and harmony. But in this sense, Dr. Prerna, Refine Aesthetic Clinic, in Ludhiana, points out that medicine and aesthetic surgery should not talk about philosophy, but “forms of protocolized action. And therefore, from an evolution of medicine and aesthetic surgery towards naturalness with the aim of preserving the personal features of each patient, correcting the volumes and structures that accelerate the appearance of the signs of ageing “.
Dr. Prerna tells us why Indians and the people across the globe visit the operating room, also gives us some tips on the ideal age for each surgery.
Popular Cosmetic Procedures among Women
Following are the most popular cosmetic procedures among women:
- Breast augmentation surgery– It is one of the most demanded surgeries in the world and in India one of the most performed, there is no ideal age to increase the bust, this surgical procedure is recommended to practice it from 17 or 18 years of age when the body is developed enough. From 18 years onwards, they are recommended, as long as the person is clear about the reasons why they would undergo this procedure, as well as its consequences. It is important to keep in mind the size of the implant depending on the thickness or height of the patient.
- Liposuction or Liposculpture– This is the second most popular and demanded surgical procedure among women in India, to mould and shape the body. This surgery consists of removing accumulations of fat from the body and injecting it into another area that you want to increase, such as the thigh or legs. It can be done from age 18 onwards, but Dr. Prerna recommends doing it after 20 years because the metabolism of young people is much faster.
- Nose surgery (Rhinoplasty) – It is one of the most requested surgical procedures in the world, but also one of the most complex due to the technique and the precision that must be taken so as not to harm the patient. The ideal age for this surgery is to perform it after the septum has finished growing and it is very important to take into account the appearance of the face so that the nose is not going to collide with it, it is also important that one, besides looking aesthetically well, can breathe well.
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) – This surgery is very popular among women who have had children and who no longer wish to have more, it consists of removing excess skin from the abdomen, weakness and stretch marks stretching it until the abdomen is flat.
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty) – This surgery has become popular because although at first glance it would seem like surgery to rejuvenate the face due to the passage of age, many women practice it because they tend to have large circles under their eyes or drooping eyelids. It is recommended to practice this surgery after 35 or 40 years, but if it is for genetic reasons, it is recommended to practice it at an age that exceeds 20 years.
- Elevation of the eyebrows (Frontoplasty) – This procedure consists in elevating the forehead to give the face a much more youthful touch and to correct the drooping eyebrows. The ideal age to perform this surgery varies, because like eyelid surgery it can be due to ageing or genetic.
- Facial rejuvenation – This is the sum of different surgeries that are practised on the face and neck to revitalize the appearance of the patient. The ideal thing for this surgery is to begin to make small interventions such as lifting the eyebrows over the years, starting from 45 or 50 years so that ageing is not so noticeable, because when performing full facial rejuvenation at a very advanced age would mean a very drastic change in looks and the original idea of plastic surgery is to make it as natural as possible.
Popular Cosmetic Procedures among Men
Men have different types of bodies and their needs are different too. Following are the most popular cosmetic procedures among men.
- Lifting –This facial lift is achieved by filling in wrinkles and imperfections of the skin. The most widely used substance is hyaluronic acid, and it is one of the most popular treatments for men.
- Ear surgery -This surgical procedure is quite requested by those men with ears that are too big or extremely raised.
- Soft tissue fillings –The facelift can be considered within the practices with soft tissue fillers; nevertheless, in general terms, these fillings are not only used to hide or eliminate wrinkles but also enhance, for example, the volume of the lips.
- The Botox – The application of botulinum toxin type A or Botox is one of the most widespread ways to make wrinkles disappear. What this acid does is paralyze certain muscles, responsible for generating wrinkles, so that they disappear or to prevent them from continuing to deepen. However, the abuse of this technique can result in the deformation of the face or the changing of a person’s features dramatically and unwantedly.
- Liposuction – This procedure consists of extracting the adipose tissue by means of large syringes that are introduced directly into the areas with excess fat. Normally, men come for this treatment to extract the abdominal fat quickly and effectively.
- Breast reduction -The lack of exercise and the passage of time make some men increase their breast size in an undesirable way; unlike the bodybuilders, in this case, it is about bumps more like breasts of a woman. Therefore, there is a surgery that removes excess fat from that area and returns the firmness to that part of the body of the man, who needs a firm chest to look good in a tight shirt and a tie.
- Eyelid surgery -Although lifting the eyelids makes the person look younger, many do so for physiological reasons, because drooping eyelids often interfere with a person’s field of vision.
- Exfoliation of the skin -This beauty technique consists of removing dead skin cells, toxins and other impurities that are acquired from the environment by means of abrasive creams and proper hydration of the epidermis.
- Permanent laser hair removal -Some executives, even more, if they are athletes, prefer to remove the hair from the chest, legs or other parts of the body permanently and therefore, come to laser hair removal, which in several sessions burns and cauterizes the hair follicles so that hair does not grow again. This treatment requires patience, but it does not cause pain.
Tags: cosmetic surgery clinic, aesthetic clinic, fractional laster, plastic surgery punjab, plastic surgery ludhiana, best plastic surgeon in Punjab, best plastic surgeon in Ludhiana, plastic surgeon in Punjab, plastic surgeon in Ludhiana, cosmetic surgery in Ludhiana, cosmetic surgery in Punjab, best cosmetic surgeon in Ludhiana, best cosmetic surgeon in Punjab, plastic and cosmetic surgery, cosmetic plastic surgery, plastic surgery cosmetic, cosmetic plastic surgeon, cosmetic surgery doctors, Best cosmetic plastic surgery, face surgery, facial plastic surgery, lip surgery, rhinoplasty, rhinoplasty procedure, rhinoplasty surgery, rhinoplasty cost, nose job, nose surgery, nose plastic surgery, nose reshaping, nose operation, dermabrasion, rhinoplasty punjab, rhinoplasty, rhinoplasty surgery, scar removal, gynecomastia, Best hair transplant clinic in Punjab, Ludhiana, liposcution surgery, tummy tuck, gynecomastia, liposuction cost, fat removal, fat removal surgery, surgery for smaller, waist, abdominoplasty, arm liposuction, male breast surgery, breast enlargement, breast implants, breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast surgery, reconstructive surgery, ear surgery, indent between eyebrows, droopy eyelid, blepharoplasty, double eyelid, brow lift, facelifts, facial plastic surgery, facelift Ludhiana, facelift Punjab, liposuction scars, lipo scars, high definition lipo, hair transplant, hair removal clinics, vaser liposuction near me, beauty clinic