Fit and firm bodies are desirable in men. Tens of thousands of men all over the world go through extensive weight loss each day only to find that their dream of a chiseled chest is still out of reach. Numerous men of different ages complain of having abnormally large chest. This small physical factor has severe psychological effects in many men.
Gynecomastia is the condition which results in growing men’s chest to abnormally-large size and shape. This is one of the most undesirable conditions and men have been seeking effective and permanent solution for it for a long time now.
Thankfully, today’s cosmetic science allows men who have larger than normal chest to undergo Gynecomastia surgery, or male breast reduction surgery, to get flat and firm chest.
Here, you will learn the important and fundamental aspects that highlight the benefits of Gynecomastia surgery in men.
What causes Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia can be caused be several factors, including:
- Hormonal imbalance
- Injury to testicles that affect production of testosterone in the body
- Thyroid problems as these control sexual development and growth through hormones
- Cancers, such as adrenal gland cancer, pituitary gland cancer or tumor in the lung
- Obesity that results in increased estrogen production in the male body
- Certain medications, such as for cancer, ulcers, depression and heart diseases
- Kidney failure
- Drug abuse
- Liver disorders
Although the exact cause for abnormal development of chest in men affected by Gynecomastia is not always known, these are the common factors that contribute to its development.
When to choose Gynecomastia surgery?
It is important to detect the signs of Gynecomastia at the earliest state to ensure complete and effective treatment. Signs, such as lump of fat under the nipple or even a sore or tender lump in your chest, need to get checked by a specialist. A group of physical examinations and tests will help the specialist to determine if you are suffering from Gynecomastia and need Gynecomastia surgery to remove it and restore you chest to normal shape and size.
You may have to undergo the following tests in order to determine if you are suffering from Gynecomastia and not another similar condition:
- Blood tests
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) scan
- CT (Computerize Tomography) test
- Tissue biopsy
- Ultrasound of testicles
How is Gynecomastia treated?
Gynecomastia usually dissipates by itself if it is being caused by puberty, hormonal imbalance or from certain medications in a short time. You will be advised to take alternate medications, in case you cannot stop the medication, to remove its side effect.
Mostly, Gynecomastia goes away in adolescents within two years from puberty and is not a cause for concern and does not require medications or other treatment.
However, in case the Gynecomastia is extensive and causes physical pain and psychological stress then it is recommended to undergo cosmetic Gynecomastia surgery at the best cosmetic clinic.
Top cosmetic surgeons use either one of the two techniques to remove the excess skin and tissue from around your chest area to remove the signs of Gynecomastia with surgical treatment.
The two techniques are:
- Mastectomy – This is a minimally invasive form of cosmetic surgery and is performed using an endoscope. It requires making small incisions on and around your chest to remove the excess tissue from your breast glands. This helps to make your chest smaller and in proportion to the rest of your body.
- Liposuction – This is also a least invasive cosmetic surgical technique. It requires making pin-hole incisions at strategic points on and around your chest. These tiny incisions are sufficient to insert a small, tubular suction device called a cannula and reach the excess fatty tissue underneath your chest skin. The cannula uses powerful vacuum to remove the fat from around your chest area and reduces its size to normal levels.
Where to get the best Gynecomastia surgery in India?
Refine Clinic in Ludhiana, Punjab is an excellent place to get Gynecomastia surgery in India. At Refine Clinic, there are several top-skilled and highly-experienced cosmetic surgeons on-board. The latest-in-tech equipment allows providing patients in India with cosmetic treatment that is on par with international standards. Choose Refine Clinic to get the best and most affordable Gynecomastia removal surgery in India.